Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 18


Alright so I have had my braces on for 18 days now, and they totally do not hurt! They stopped hurting totally about a week after I got them on. I really and truly don't even feel them anymore except when I am eating.
Speaking of eating. I miss some of my favorite foods!! I cant eat ribs, no gum chewing, no chewy candy, no biting hard candy... this is a lot harder than I expected!! My mom and I went on a ski trip this past weekend with some of our friends and it was so tough. We went to a BBQ restaurant and I couldn't eat ribs!! Which is my favorite food!! We went to this old general store and I couldn't get any the chewy candy there, and it was some of my favorites too!! For those of you who have never had braces, those are just some of the foods you arn't supposed to eat.
Alright lets see.. braces, braces, braces. I am so used to them now, I really cant remember what my teeth felt like without them! I have noticed alot of things that I can, can't, and have to do.
Things you HAVE to do: You absolutley HAVE to brush your teeth atleast twice a day. I would recommend 3. I have noticed a difference even with my braces on, with how much whiter my teeth are. When you brush your teeth that much they stay white and they wont turn yellow!
Things I can do: I can suck on my favorite chips (Cape Cod Salt and Vinegar) so i can still have them but I don't crunch on them like I used to. Another thing I can do is I have figured out how to clean out my braces with my tongue. I know that sounds nasty and all, but it is alot easier than whipping out your Christmas tree brush every time you feel one little thing in your teeth!
Things I cant do: As I said before, I can eat some of my favorite foods which is painful but worth it. I cant go a day without brushing my teeth. If I do, my mouth feels nasty and I have to brush my teeth ASAP!
Every day I am uncovering secrets to a life with braces.

No comments:

Post a Comment